Other Places: Experiences of the Fringe
Allotope Krotona is an archimusical work that examines the qualities and characteristics of the Krotona Institute in Ojai California. A series drawings with an accompanying sound composition illustrates different modalities of the same forms synthesized by an archimusical technique called spatiotemporal sampling. Sonic and spatial sampling allow the investigation of new formal harmonics and proportions within Krotona, exploring the relationship between sound and space in the making of new archimusical elements that can be both seen and heard together. Together the soundscape and drawings are made to exemplify qualities of this unique place in a new way, emphasizing the capability for music and technology to create new integrations and transformations within the discipline of architecture.
- Site Specific (details vary)
- Projection, Sound, LED Lights
- 4.5 x 45M -> 9 x 9M / 15' x 15' -> 30' x 30'
- Projection: 2-3 projectors
- Sound: 16.2 channel spatial sound 33 x 48 cm / 13 x 19 in
- Time frame: 15 min rotation
Publications & Exhibitions:
- Archimusic Exhibition - 2017